Neighbour First Program of Cedarliving Community
Neighbour First Program of Cedaliving Community
Neighbor First Program of Cedarliving Community
Terms and Conditions of Use of Free-Rent Coupon
WHEREAS Cedarliving (“Cedar Living”) has offered to you a rental abatement of three months free rent in the Cedar Living rental apartments located at 530 Englewood Drive, West Vancouver as evidenced by the attached coupon (the “Coupon”).
AND WHEREAS the Project is in the development stage and has yet to receive approval by the Municipality of West Vancouver, B.C.;
1.NOW THEREFORE the Coupon is granted to you in consideration of the following terms, conditions and covenants contained herein: Cedar Living is a proposed multi-use development containing both standard rental units and independent senior living units located at West Vancouver, British Columbia. (the “Project”)
2.Under Cedar Living’s “Neighbour First Program”, there are a limited number of Coupons available to West Vancouver residents granting them a three month rental abatement period once the conditions precedent set out in Paragraph 3 of this Terms and Conditions are met (the “Offer”).
3.For the Coupon and Offer to be effective the following conditions must be met:
a.Approval of the Project in principal by the Distrcit of West Vancouver District;
b.Cedar Living completes construction in accordance with the issued permits;
c.You must register early with Cedar Living through Cedar Living’s Early Registration.
(the “Conditions Precedent”)
- To be eligible to obtain the Offer or Coupon you represent and warrant to Cedar Living the following:
- a) you are a resident of West Vancouver and have a West Vancouver physical address;
- b) You have been ordinarily resident within Canada, for the purposes of the Income Tax Act RSC 1982 for a period of not less than one year from the fulfillment of the Conditions Precedent;
You must also:
- c) execute residential tenancy agreement for a period of 18 months with Cedar Living under its prevailing terms and conditions (the “Rental Agreement”).
5.The terms contained herein may, at the election of Cedar Living, form part of the Rental Agreement with you and Cedar Living once the Conditions Precedent are fulfilled.
6.Both the Offer and Coupons are valid until December 31, 2040. Cedar Living reserves the right to modify the Coupon Terms or cancel the Coupons at any time by providing written notice to you and shall promptly notify Claimants of any Coupon policy changes.
7.Before obtaining the Coupon, you must provide your personal information including but not limited to your legal name, address, email and phone number with Cedar Living at http://www.cedarliving.ca. You agree to Cedar Living and its partners or affiliates communicating with you by email and consent to such communication in accordance with CASL provisions (Canada Anti Spam Legislation) and to the collection and retention of your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act RSBC 1996 and the Personal Information and Protection of Electronic Documents Act RSC 1982
8.You are entitled to redeem one Coupon per individual per rental unit.
9.In the event that you breach the terms of the Rental Agreement with Cedar Living, the Coupon and Offer will be revoked and Cedar Living reserves the right to charge the Claimants the Entire Rental Agreement period as allowed for under the Residential Tenancy Act RSBC 1996.
10.The Coupon is transferable with the written consent of Cedar Living.
11.The Coupon is not redeemable for cash and it cannot be applied to any other service fees or any other services provided by Cedar Living, or any charges that Cedar Living may levy against the Claimants, and may not be combined with any other coupons, offers, discounts or promotions offered by Cedar Living. The Coupon must only be used in conjunction with the rental of Cedar Living rental units and not on products or services offered by third parties.
12.The Coupon does not transfer to Cedar Living or nullify your obligation to pay any applicable taxes arising from the rental. Moreover, Cedar Living accepts no obligation for payment of any tax in conjunction with the distribution or application of the Coupon.
- Each Coupon is identified by a serial number, in digital form and must contain Cedar Living’s unique signature. Cedar Living will email the Coupon to the original recipient. In the event of suspected fraud or illegal activities, Cedar Living reserves the right, in its sole and unfettered discretion, to cancel the Coupon and Offer and seek any remedy, including but not limited to, refusal to honor, re-issue a Coupon, or terminating Your Rental Agreement with Cedar Living.
- The Coupon Terms are subject to the laws and the jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of British Columbia.
15.Cedar Living reserves the right to revise or modify these Terms, the Coupon or the Offer at any time by publishing notice in a timely manner on http://www.cedarliving.ca.
16.This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and Cedar Living. There are no representations, covenants or warranties, express or implied, of any kind other than those contained within this Agreement.